Thursday, January 8, 2015

Sorry Blog, I Hope You're Alwrite

Poor neglected empty, white space on my screen that is my next blog entry.  I'm sorry I've forgotten about you, it won't happen again, I promise.

Onwards!  Hello 2015, what will you have in store for all of us this year?!  I'm excited by the possibilities, ready for the hardships, nervous for the unknown and unexpected, but wanting to embrace this year like no other year before it.  Maybe there's something about the exploding of fireworks, drunken toasting, and company of good people that makes us want to set all these new goals and resolutions for life improvement that eventually fizzles out just as fast as the fireworks... but I think our intentions are good.  My goals for the new year are no more profound than my goals for last month, but if there's one goal you can't set at any other time, it's to make this year yours and live for the moments.  Whether that means making the extra effort to take the little people in your life for an afternoon at the park, to star gaze on a clear night with someone special, to cook a nice meal for friends, or even to just frame and hang up that darn picture you've been meaning to get on the wall, just do it.  Don't wait for another day.  Do it now!



Pour Me Some More Coffee
Alright moment of vanity and bossiness over.  I have exciting news on two types of levels.  The first is personal (vanity aside), I've been lucky enough to sign a contract to play in Australia this summer with my former teammate and very bestest of friends, Sid, for the Logan City Thunder!  That's basically right on Brisbane for those of you unfamiliar with the geography of down undah.  The second bit of exciting news is that the Panthers will be moving on to the Final Four of Deutschland!  Sounds lovely I know, but what does it mean?  Remember those Pokal (Cup) games I've been droning on about in the last few blogs.  Well we've survived another round, defeating Heidelberg (a team I played against last year in the Southern League) and earning a spot amongst three first division teams who have also left a trail of defeated opponents behind. 
Pre-game introductions.
Team huddle before tip-off against Heidelberg.
Some advice from Ang.
Ang driving to the hoop.
 --------------------------------------------------


Final Four
Wasserburg Lions
Herne 
Osnabrück Panthers
Rhein-Main Baskets 

The location at this point is unknown, but we are hoping it will be nearby (Herne is only an hour away) so we can bring fans and not make the 8 hour drive to Wasserburg or the 4 hour drive to Rhein-Main!  We are the only second league team left, so anything to our advantage would be a great help.  The Final Four will be played the second to last week of March and we will compete back to back on Saturday and then Sunday to place and hopefully join the ranks among David's who have beat Goliaths! 



No comments:

Post a Comment